View of the first floor flat
Log burner living room
Four poster bed master bedroom
Large bay windows living room
Log pile living room
Stool living room
The Town House offers luxurious, self-catering accommodation in the small historic town of Inveraray, Argyll. This beautiful Georgian lochside town house was built in 1760, providing a unique Highland getaway, with stunning unobstructed views of Loch Fyne, Inveraray Castle and Dun-na-Cuaiche. Inveraray is 90 minutes from Glasgow and an excellent central point from which to tour the highlands and islands of West Scotland.
This first floor apartment is accessed via a rare example of a Scottish circular turreted staircase. The staircase is not suitable for wheel chairs. The apartment has a traditional wood-burning stove, chesterfield sofa, and Queen Anne chairs. The master bedroom is period decorated with a magnificent king-size four poster bed. A second bedroom with an iron double bed, a dining room with views over Loch Fyne and a modern fitted kitchen complete this comfortable apartment. Visitor attractions, churches, shops, restaurants and pubs are all within a few minutes' walk of the property.
The History: the Town House and Loft were the fifth building to be constructed in Inveraray’s New Town, the house was fitted with cellars and storerooms for exports and imports by Merchant John Richardson in 1760 and the house was subsequently named Neil Gillies’ House. In 1830 it was converted into a Bank of Scotland. Select the Inveraray tab for further information on Inveraray's long and lustrous past.
Pets are only accepted on the understanding that they are kept under control, exercised off the premises, kept out of bedrooms and off the furniture and that they are never left in the property unattended.
Parking is available at the front and side of the building (a parking pass will be provided).
Smoking; there is a no smoking policy inside the house.
Living Room: Comfortably elegant room with a tartan twist containing traditional wooden fireplace and wood-burning stove, chesterfield sofa, two high-back Queen Anne chairs with footstool, TV/DVD player. This room has stunning views of Loch Fyne across to Inveraray Castle and Dun-na-Cuaich from its two very large windows.
Kitchen: Adjoining the living room, the well-appointed fitted kitchen is of modern design and contains all mod cons including dishwasher, microwave, hob/oven, large fridge/freezer, kettle and toaster.
Dining Room: The graceful dining room contains an antique table and seating for 4. The dresser contains tablemats and additional serving dishes. Once again, the room affords breath-taking views across Loch Fyne whilst lingering over breakfast.
Master Bedroom (sleeps 2): Tastefully decorated in line with the Georgian period and filled with character – we guarantee you won’t want to get out of the sumptuously dressed king-size four poster bed. Views again of Loch Fyne from the large windows.
Bedroom 2 (sleeps 2): A cosy, snug room containing a very comfortable reproduction double iron-bed and built-in wardrobe. Bed can be accessed from one side only.
Bathroom: Spacious bathroom containing bath, power shower, WC and sink. Fluffy Egyptian cotton towels and complimentary local soaps.
Hall cupboard contains washer/drier, ironing board and iron, broom and cleaning materials.
Travel cot and highchair supplied on request.
- Complimentary tea & coffee on arrival. If you have any special requirements or requests please drop us an email or give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Electricity and a bucket of logs for the fire is included.
- Bed linen, bathroom & tea towels are supplied.
- Sets of crockery: dinner plates, bowls, side plates, cups, saucers, mugs, egg cups, milk jug, sugar bowl, teapot, salt and pepper, cafetiere.
- Sets of cutlery: knives, forks, spoons, serving spoons, teaspoons.
- Sets of glasses: wine glasses, tumblers (ideal for a wee dram!), water jug. (hob oven dishwasher)
- Cooking equipment: saucepans, frying pan, casserole dish, large and small serving dishes, bowls, colander, sieve, wooden spoon, whisk, potato peeler, potato masher, kitchen knives, bread knife, tin opener, bottle opener, ladle, measuring jug, chopping boards, oven glove, scissors, grater, tongs, roasting tray, hand-held blender.
- Miscellaneous: food storage container, tray, toast rack, trivet, salad bowl, placemats, tea towels, fire blanket, assorted cleaning materials, washer/dryer, ironing board, steam iron, mop/bucket, floor brush, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket, reading/recipe books, pack of cards.
- Not included: washing up liquid, washing powder, washing up cloth, dishwasher tablets. These are available from local stores in the town.
Price & Availability
Please use the online booking system for price, availability and the terms and conditions.
If you find the online booking system in any way difficult, please contact us either by telephone on 01499 302111, (if we are not immediately available please leave a message and we will get back to you), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to talk to you about any aspect of the Town House or The Loft.