Open plan living room
Open plan kitchen
Steeped in history in a breathtaking lochside setting this property was originally the servants quarters for Customs House. It is far too good for the servants now but perfect for a romantic highland getaway with stunning unobstructed views of Loch Fyne. There's also no shortage of romantic pursuits with deserted beaches, hills and mountains just for two! Ancient ruins, castles and stately homes dot the landscape and there's the added bonus of excellent local foods and drink.
This second floor apartment is accessed via a very rare example of a Scottish circular turreted staircase. The staircase is not suitable for wheel chairs. The apartment is electric heated. The property is beautifully decorated with a king-size double bed. The apartment has some of the best views over Loch Fyne and a modern fitted open plan kitchen complete this luxurious apartment. Visitor attractions, churches, shops, restaurants and pubs are all within a few minutes' walk of the property.
The History: the Town House and Loft were the fifth building to be constructed in Inveraray’s New Town, the house was fitted with cellars and storerooms for exports and imports by Merchant John Richardson in 1760 and the house was subsequently named Neil Gillies’ House. In 1830 it was converted into a Bank of Scotland. Select the Inveraray tab for further information on Inveraray's long and lustrous past.
Pets are only accepted on the understanding that they are kept under control, exercised off the premises, kept out of bedrooms and off the furniture and that they are never left in the property unattended.
Parking is available at the front and side of the building (a parking pass will be provided).
Smoking; there is a no smoking policy inside the house.
Open Plan Kitchen/Living Area: This area contains a modern kitchen containing hob/oven, fridge with ice compartment, kettle and toaster (see what's included below). Living area with two armchairs, TV/DVD. Small dining table with seating for 2. Wonderful views across Loch Fyne.
Bedroom (sleeps 2): Charming room containing king-size reproduction iron bed. Once again, those magnificent views across Loch Fyne.
Bathroom: Contains bath, power shower, WC and sink. Fluffy Egyptian cotton towels and complimentary local soaps.
Hall cupboard contains washer/drier, ironing board and iron, broom and cleaning materials.
Travel cot and highchair supplied on request..
- Complimentary tea & coffee on arrival. If you have any special requirements or requests please drop us an email or give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Electricity and a bucket of logs for the fire is included.
- Bed linen, bathroom & tea towels are supplied.
- Sets of crockery: dinner plates, bowls, side plates, cups, saucers, mugs, egg cups, milk jug, sugar bowl, teapot, salt and pepper, cafetiere.
- Sets of cutlery: knives, forks, spoons, serving spoons, teaspoons.
- Sets of glasses: wine glasses, tumblers (ideal for a wee dram!), water jug. (hob oven dishwasher)
- Cooking equipment: saucepans, frying pan, casserole dish, large and small serving dishes, bowls, colander, sieve, wooden spoon, whisk, potato peeler, potato masher, kitchen knives, bread knife, tin opener, bottle opener, ladle, measuring jug, chopping boards, oven glove, scissors, grater, tongs, roasting tray, hand-held blender.
- Miscellaneous: food storage container, tray, toast rack, trivet, salad bowl, placemats, tea towels, fire blanket, assorted cleaning materials, washer/dryer, ironing board, steam iron, mop/bucket, floor brush, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket, reading/recipe books, pack of cards.
- Not included: washing up liquid, washing powder, washing up cloth, dishwasher tablets. These are available from local stores in the town.
Price & Availability
Please use the online booking system for price, availability and the terms and conditions.
If you find the online booking system in any way difficult, please contact us either by telephone on 01499 302111, (if we are not immediately available please leave a message and we will get back to you), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to talk to you about any aspect of the Town House or The Loft.